Benugo is committed to being as sustainable as we possibly can across all aspects of our business. We’re striving to make better choices in everything we do and are constantly updating our policies in line with this.
We need a sustainable food system in order to combat climate change and improve our
health and that of the planet. By 2050, an estimated 10 billion people will live on Earth. For the sake of our planet, the recommendation is that the food that we each eat produces no more than the equivalent of 2.3 kilograms of greenhouse gas emissions a day.
There is a lot of discussion about what sustainable eating looks like. It can make choosing what we eat confusing, since it can be hard to understand what is both healthy for us and good for the planet.
The carbon and water labelling on our menu shows the impact your food choices have on our environment. That said, we can only do our best — it is our eating habits over time that will help save the planet.
What do the labels mean:
- A – Super climate-friendly choice — you are saving the planet!
- B – Woohoo, the planet will thank you!
- C – Good sustainable effort. Go you!
- D – Yum! Balance is key, try to make sure you are getting your grains, fruit and vegetables in.
- E – Everyone deserves a treat, so enjoy! Just aim for moderation.
There are many ways to eat to support our planet, including:
- Choosing seasonal and local foods
- Eating more plant-based meals
- Being mindful of portion sizes
- Minimising food waste
- Shopping smart: always have a list prepared
- Trying to choose products with minimal packaging
Learn how we can all work together to make our food more sustainable here
Infinitely reusable water bottles
We wanted to give our customers a more sustainable choice in the water that they buy from us and to help reduce the amount of single-use plastic in circulation.
The obvious answer was to launch our range of still and sparkling infinitely reusable water bottles. They are endlessly refillable and made from 100% recycled aluminium. Refilling them just 10 times avoids 170g of plastic waste and 790g of CO2 emissions.
These beautifully branded bottles take pride of place in our fridges across all Benugo locations and have become a firm favourite with our customers.